Friday, April 11, 2014

Living With The Mom


A few years back my life changed, I decided to make a choice that would have a bigger impact than I imagined. I moved back in, temporarily, with my mom. She was sick and needed some help, I was just relocating from another state. As time passed, I realized that there was nothing temporary about the situation.


The Mom
@ Old Town Berea

My mom, referred to lovingly as The Mom, is a character like no other. She's in her late 50's, stubborn, old fashioned and cynical. She suffers from mild dementia and several other health problems. Sometimes, it can be overwhelming. Especially, when our personalities clash.

You would think that by now we would both be used to the other's habits and flaws. You'd think. I can be just as stubborn and close minded as she is at times. Hmmm.... I wonder where I get that from.

We have our good times, our bad, and plenty of adventures in between. Currently, things are tense because I am still recovering from a near death illness last summer/fall, and finances are a bigger issue than normal, but I know that we will weather this storm as all the others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's great that you are with your mom. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures and what you learn from this time together.

Kim said...

I can imagine this is a challenging situation for you, but I'm sure she's grateful to have you with her.

:)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

© 2011 This Rosie Life, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena